The market for Cloud-based Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) software represents a rapidly expanding five-year (2018-2022) total addressable market (TAM) in excess of $7.6 billion.
The growth in CLM adoption is fueled by digital transformation and a refocusing of technology investment away from traditional ERP/Financials suites towards automating and digitally instrumenting key processes within organizations.
CLM represents a significant opportunity to increase productivity, improve accuracy, and inject operational speed across organizations of all sizes, stages of maturity, industries, and geographies. Leading organizations around the world are already investing in automated CLM tools, but the overall level of adoption is still relatively modest. We expect the pace of innovation and adoption in this area to accelerate. This will be accompanied by an evolution in CLM’s systems capabilities, user perception, and integration between itself and other core enterprise systems such as CRM, CPQ, Billing, and Procurement Management and Supply Chain, among others. MGI Research believes CLM is an essential ingredient in any digital transformation initiative.
This MGI Forecast provides a quantitative estimate of the Total Addressable Market (TAM) for Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) software from 2018 to 2022. In this report, we address the following information and issues: worldwide annual estimates of potential spending and growth rate, detailed geographical breakdowns, economic sectors, analysis of market size based on company size, the impact of Internet of Things (IoT), Digital Transformation, and company growth and technology spend profiles, among others. Estimates for potential spending on corresponding legacy, on-premise, and hosted software solutions are included, as are estimates for the combined Cloud and legacy market size and growth rate. This analysis is based on MGI Research’s proprietary Global Analytics Model, a curated database of every publicly listed company in the world with revenues greater than $1 million.
The report analyzes the key market drivers and dynamics that are fueling the growth in CLM investments and details the geographies, sectors, and vertical industries that are most impacted.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary 1
- Introduction 5
- Business Landscape 7
- Key Business and Technology Drivers for CLM Adoption 9
- Impact of Regulatory Mandates on CLM Adoption 10
- CLM as a Tool for Innovation 10
- The 13 Deadly Sins of CLM 11
- Transformations That Are Shaping CLM Markets 12
- Who Are the Buyers and Beneficiaries of CLM 13
- What Are the Benefits of CLM? 14
- CLM as an Element of an Agile Monetization Platform (AMP) 15
- CLM Tam Forecast 2018-2022 17
- Forecast Scope, Assumptions and Methodology 17
- CLM Total Addressable Market (Tam) 20
- Cloud CLM Annual Forecast 23
- Cloud CLM Average Spending 24
- Cloud CLM Geographic Opportunities 25
- Top 10 Countries for CLM Tam 26
- Cloud CLM Vertical Opportunities: Sectors & Industry 27
- Impact of Major Technology and Business Trends 30
- How Does Growth Impact Adoption of CLM? 30
- Impact of Technology Adoption Style 31
- Impact of Digital Transformation 32
- Impact 0f the Internet of Things (IoT) 34
- Impact of a Shift Towards Subscription Business Models 35
- CLM Market Outlook 36
- MGI Research Coverage in Contract Lifecycle Management 37
- Summary 38
- Appendix: CLM TAM Forecast Assumptions and Stats 40
MGI RESEARCH COVERAGE IN CONTRACT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT (CLM)
MGI Research provides in-depth coverage and MGI 360 Ratings of leading suppliers of CLM solutions, product evaluation, and selection advice, as well as sourcing. The following is a representative (partial) list of CLM software providers under coverage:
- Advanced Software Concepts (ASC)
- CLM Matrix
- CobbleStone Systems
- Contract Logix
- Corridor Company
- Curtis Fitch
- Determine, Inc.
- Emptoris (IBM)
- Great Minds Software
- Model N
- Onit, Inc.
- Oracle Corp
- Sirion Labs
- Thomson Reuters Corp